Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Nearly Christmas...

Toby and Tristan's presents are all wrapped, apart from the garage that I luckily opened to admire before wrapping or I wouldn't have known there were a gazillion pieces to assemble. The garage is Peter's project for today should he find a spare half hour at work. Have just uncovered the living room floor and swept throughout, with a little help on the tidying front form Toby and much help with sweeping and wiping from Tristan.

I had planned to go into town for a last minute mooch but Toby asked to do a puzzle, bringing me a 300 piece one. Until now he's never done one with more than 40 pieces so I was a bit reluctant to start, thinking he'd soon get bored and I'd be left with the frustration of an unfinished project. Well, I was pleasantly surprised and he sat a did about 2/3 of it with me and then kept popping past to help with the final 3rd.

The puzzle took up most of the morning and it feels too late for town now. Tris is having a nap and then I think we'll start on wrapping gifts for family and friends.

The house feels calm and peaceful, its a little messier than I'd like but it feels like everything is happening just as it should and right on time.